CRAN release: 2023-01-21
on MacOS s2-based calculations are now enabled so users can expect the package to return numerically equivalent results on any operating system (#131)
the online source for the
nasa_srtmresource shows an expired SSL certificate since November 2022. The get_resources()` function now includes an error and instructions how to disable SSL certification at a users own risk. The websites maintainers have been contacted and asked to renew the certification. (#131)
GFW resources are now updated to use the latest version allowing analysis for the additional year of 2021 (#123, @fBedecarrats)
GFW indicators now accept numeric
min_sizeargument allowing to specify fractional covers (#110)
fire indicators now allow the simultaneous calculation of indicators based on MODIS and VIIRS. Before users had to chose between one of the instruments for each analysis (#126)
case when one or multiple assets return NA instead of a tibble is now properly tested and handled (#101)
Rasters are no longer temporary written to disk to omit a bug caused by applying mask/classify to an already existing raster file (#108, @Jo-Schie)
Bug with soilproperties set to NA caused by the function to return a data.frame instead of a tibble was fixed (#116)
treecover_area_and_emissionsnow return 0 instead of NaN for observation years where now forest loss occurred (#120)
.make_global_grid()now specifies the CRS when constructing the bounding box and returns the grid in the specified CRS instead of Lat/Lon (#113)
.calc_active_fire_propertiesnow uses st_coordinates to retrieve locations of fires (#119, @DavisVaughan)
tests for MacOS have been re-enabled (#131)
tests for downloading
nasa_srtmresource are skipped because the SSL certificate of the online source has expired (#131)
CRAN release: 2022-09-09
- fixes a serious bug that occurred for tiled resources when multiple assets are within the same tile resulting in returning the same tile multiple times
CRAN release: 2022-08-23
extensive renaming of resources and indicators. These are handled gracefully until the next release (i.e. a warning is issued and names are replaced):
- new resource(s):
- new indicator(s):
- adapted download routine to GMW v3 (#80)
- removed data.table from imports
CRAN release: 2022-06-24
CRAN release: 2022-05-02
init_portfolio()now sets the
testingattribute to FALSE by default.
get_<resource>()functions now return filenames early if
testingis set to TRUE.
calc_<indicator>()examples now copy files to the R temporal directory and are wrapped in
try()to avoid errors/warnings on CRAN if an internet resource is not available.
- examples for
calc_elevation()are now disabled on CRAN because of the responsiveness of CIGAR servers.
CRAN release: 2022-04-27
- renamed ‘.assetid’ to ‘assetid’ (#22)
- ensures that tests and examples adhere to CRAN policies of only writing to the temporal directory (#22).
CRAN release: 2022-04-19
- Added a
NEWS.mdfile to track changes to the package.
- initial supported resources are:
- initial supported indicators are:
init_portfolio()is used to initialize a portfolio object. The input must be an sf object where all geometries are of type
- users can request the download of one or more resources via
- users can request the processing of an indicator via
- indicators are added to the portfolio object as nested list columns
- a processed portfolio object can be exported as a GeoPackage via
- a portfolio saved to disk as a GeoPackage can be read back into R via
read_portfolio(). If users wish to download additional resources or calculate indicators,
init_portfolio()has to be called again.
- Parallelization using multiple cores on the host machine is disabled on Windows
- on MacOS, the s2 engine for spherical geometric vector operations is disabled and lwgeom is used instead.